2021-06-10

KBAM Games #-A

I'd played some of these before but couldn't remember anything about them. Most of them I didn't even recall once I started playing. Most of them I won't bother playing again.


0rbitalis

So you shoot a thing into space and try not to hit anything. I'm not sure why. Or if there even is a reason. Sometimes puzzles are just puzzles. Kind of annoying to play. I'm sure it's possible to be good at it, but it's not clear how - I was getting through on sheer luck. The way everything is moving all the time makes it frustrating to try to line up a shot.


100% Orange Juice

Some kind of ridiculously complicated board game. I started reading the instructions and realised there was no way I was actually going to play it so I quit right there.


80 Days

Sort of a choose-your-own-adventure vibe, but with inventory and also a timer, and that latter aspect is enough to put me off it entirely. I don't like being rushed. Otherwise I might at least have played it through once to give it a fair shot. But that timer is guaranteed to ruin the entire experience for me - even if it's so generous as to never be a problem, it'll still be there.


All About Love, Hate & the Other Ones

Terrible name for a pretty straight-forward puzzle game. Not bad. I'm not sure I'll ever bother playing it, but it's ok. You've got two characters, one of whom can pull NPCs closer and the other can push them away. Their repeated voice lines probably get pretty annoying, but you could always just turn off the audio. It wouldn't be a problem.


Acid Spy

Neat-looking stealth/action game. Getting caught is pretty much guaranteed to kill you, but you do have a moment to react and recover. Might get pretty repetitive, depending on how many attempts each level takes, but I'll probably play at least a bit more of it, eventually.


Alien Shooter 2: Conscription

Some kind of action RPG. One of those top-down-view ones where you just endlessly click on enemies until they die. You can use the keys to move or just click where you want to go, but your character has absolutely no path-finding so you'll just walk in a straight line toward your target and probably get stuck on some obstacle before you get there. Neither enemies nor items are highlighted so it's very easy to miss them. Seems pretty boring.


Anna

A Gone Home style first-person point-and-click adventure game. Started off on the wrong foot by requiring me to create an account. Continued by giving me basically no story to engage with. Finished by crashing. I might give it another look at some point, but I don't have high hopes.


Ascension: Transition and Silver

Visual novel. One of those sci-fi/fantasy stories that drops a ton of jargon on you and doesn't really explain anything so it's hard to tell what the significance of anything is or what you should be paying attention to. The characters are kind of annoying so far, and I'm not sure if I'm even into the actual story yet or just some kind of prologue.


Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation

Real-time Strategy. Not my genre. I did like that the tutorial voice sounded more like a youtuber doing a let's play than a professional voice actor though.


Atom Zombie Smasher

Some kind of real-time strategy game about zombies. You've got to rescue civilians and kill zombies, I guess. Sorry, "zeds" because this game must be from back when The Walking Dead was cool so you couldn't just call a zombie a zombie.


Aura: Fate of the Ages

Another first-person adventure game, but a little closer to Myst than Gone Home. Navigation's a bit less of a hassle than in Myst, but it's got exactly the same "you're in a mysterious place, fiddle with things to see what happens" style of gameplay. I'm going to give this one a miss.

<< Controller-Enabled Games T-Z9 BC (games) >>

No comments:

Post a Comment