2020-10-22

Games. Games? Games!

I played more games today. I even enjoyed some of them.

Cortex Command

Claims to have full controller support but you need to use a KB+Mouse to first set it up, and even then it's pretty shoddy. Advises that you play local co-op on a big screen, but the text is way too small to read on a TV and there are a bunch of tiny icons you need to be able to see as well. Looks terrible and feels like an unfinished prototype - and yet they're asking almost $30 for it!


Full Mojo Rampage

This game is incomprehensible. I seem to have two abilities: dash and shoot, but they're both on insanely long cooldowns and there's just way too many enemies and I have no idea what the hell I'm supposed to be doing. It told me to close some portals but I don't know how, and I can't get to them without fighting my way past a billion enemies anyway. Also, for some reason, it seems to start at level two. Maybe I missed something I definitely missed something, but I have no idea what.


Geneshift Battle Royale Turbo

Online deathmatch thingy. Pass.


Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit

Pretty basic platformer. Not bad, but not something I can see myself playing given the other options available to me. The bunny-rabbit/prince-of-hell aesthetic is obviously laser-targeted to a particular demographic that I'm not a part of (and that's fine) but even for the target audience I'm not sure it's really enough to make up for the otherwise pretty unremarkable gameplay. It's fine though. You could play this if you've got nothing better to do.


Jamestown: Legend of the Lost Colony

OK, this is just Tyrian but not as good. And with the backstory is some steampunk nonsense about 17th century England fighting a war against the Spanish-Martian alliance and trying to invade Mars. I'd rather play Tyrian.


KickBeat

Cool little rhythm game. You just press the right buttons at the right time to kick dudes in the face, but it feels good to play. The option to use your own music is locked behind story completion, which seems like a weird choice, but might be because (according to commenters on Steam) it doesn't work well at all. It'd be nice if it did, but I'm not that bothered since I'm not likely to play so much of it that I get sick of the built-in music.


<< Quick Game Reviews #9Unknown Games: M-S >>

No comments:

Post a Comment