2020-01-21

Beyond Burgers

 Saw these fake meat burgers in the supermarket so I decided to try them.


Raw, they smell like cat food. That smell disappeared when they were cooked, fortunately.


They certainly look like meat. But they taste like... very little. The one word I would use to describe them is bland. If you want two words, very bland. I thought maybe they just needed salt, but rather than bringing out any flavour in the burger it just made it taste a bit salty.


There was a hint of something familiar - I was vaguely reminded of eggs - but the closest thing I could compare them to are the absolute cheapest supermarket sausages. The ones that are composed entirely of gristle, fat and sawdust. I think if you gave them to someone who didn't know what they were, they'd probably think they were made of meat, but they'd wonder why you served them such low quality burgers. Like, "Did I offend them? Are they broke? Do they just not know any better?"


No comments:

Post a Comment