2021-03-14

iMPACT! Sacrifice 2021

  • Tag Match (Decay vs. Reno Scum): 6/7. Decay are really growing on me. I don't know what this match was about or why it was happening, but it was cool.
  • Intergender Tag Match (Tenille Dashwood & Kaleb with a K vs. Havok & Nevaeh): 4/7. Tenille and Kaleb are the kind of bad guys who get beaten up a lot and win by sneaky cheating. And that's fine. But this didn't feel like a PPV match. I'd probably have rated it higher if it was on a regular episode.
  • Tag Match (Violent by Design vs. James Storm & Chris Sabin): 4/7. I guess Rhino is joining VBD? Okay. I feel like this storyline is going nowhere though.
  • Hold Harmless Match (Eddie Edwards vs. Brian Myers): 3/7. I liked how Matt Cardona interfered to keep it fair after Hernandez interfered first, but otherwise I didn't really care about this one. Are they building up to a Myers vs. Cardona match? Why? Just do it.
  • Knockouts Tag Team Championship (Fire 'N Flava vs. Jordynne Grace & Jazz): 4/7. I didn't think Jordynne and Jazz would win and they didn't.
  • X Division Championship (TJP vs. Ace Austin): 5/7. I like both of these guys but I just wasn't feeling it.
  • Knockouts Championship (Deonna Purrazzo vs. ODB): 4/7. What was the point of Deonna's friends being banished? It didn't seem like it made any difference.
  • Men's Tag Team Championship (The Good Brothers vs. FinJuice): 3/7. I didn't think FinJuice could possibly win this, so I wasn't really paying attention. And then they did and I was like "Wait, what? Wish I'd actually watched this now." I blame the writing for not convincing me that it was a possibility.
  • World Title Unification (Rich Swann vs. Moose): 1/7. Don't care; didn't watch it.
Overall rating: 4/7. I'm kind of tired today so that might have diminished my enthusiasm, but this basically felt like a really long episode rather than a PPV.

No comments:

Post a Comment