2021-07-19

WWE Money in the Bank

  • Women's Money in the Bank Ladder Match (Alexa Bliss vs. Liv Morgan vs. Nikki ASH vs. Natalya vs. Tamina vs. Zelina Vega vs. Naomi vs. Asuka): 4/7. Some cool moments but ladder matches are still dumb. Especially after having watched the Ultimate X match on Slammiversary, which is the same concept but done much better. And Pat McAfee is still terrible on commentary.
  • Raw Tag Team Championship (The Viking Raiders vs. AJ Styles & Omos): 4/7. Styles and Omos doesn't make sense to me. Styles doesn't need a big guy to do his fighting for him. He's not MJF. He'll cheat to win, sure, but he's not a coward who can't fight his own battles. And, like so many others, the Viking Raiders lost something essential when they transferred from NXT. This match was definitely less than the sum of its parts.
  • WWE Championship (Kofi Kingston vs. Bobby Lashley): 1/7. I don't even know what the point of this was.
  • Raw Championship (Rhea Ripley vs. Charlotte Flair): 5/7. Maybe my expectations were too high for this. I dunno, I felt it was lacking something. And I didn't like the ending.
  • Men's Money in the Bank Ladder Match (Kevin Owens vs. Riddle vs. Nakamura Shinsuke vs. Ricochet vs. John Morrison vs. Big E vs. Seth Rollins vs. Drew MacIntyre): 4/7. I liked Rick Boogs when he was Eric Bugenhagen. I do not like Rick Boogs as Nakamura's sidekick. And Riddle can fuck right off. I did enjoy the Morrison/Rollins team-up though; it's the sort of thing I wish would happen more in these multi-competitor matches.
  • Universal Championship (Edge vs. Roman Reigns): 2/7. This is bor-ing.👏 👏 👏👏👏 
Overall rating: 3/7. I've got to give Money in the Bank some credit for actually having a meaningful gimmick rather than just being a longer version of a normal show or being centred around a cage or no-DQ match with a dumb name, and the MitB contract is a great tool for future story-telling; unfortunately I just don't like ladder matches. Also, it was weird that neither of the MitB ladder matches was the main event. It's supposedly the whole point of the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment