2021-08-22

iMPACT! Emergence

  • Singles (Matt Cardona vs. Rohit Raju): 4/7. You know what? I don't think I care about Matt Cardona. I don't know why I'm supposed to like him or what his deal is. He had that sort of half-arsed feud with Brian Myers that dragged on and fizzled out, and now he's got Chelsea Green with him, but I don't what that does for either of them, story-wise.
  • Intergender Tag (Tasha SteelzSavannah EvansFallah Bahh & No Way vs. Decay): 5/7. I don't like 4-on-4 matches and I don't like ad-hoc tag teams, but I do like Decay a lot, and there were some cool moments.
  • Singles (Steve Maclin vs. Petey Williams): 4/7. I don't know who either of these guys are. They're vaguely familiar, but that's it.
  • Singles (Taylor Wilde vs. Madison Raine): 5/7. Tenille Dashwood and Kaleb with a K are always good entertainment and their new alliance with Raine is going well.
  • #1 Contender Four-Way (Moose vs. Ace Austin vs. Sami Callihan vs. Chris Sabin): 6/7. Moose and Austin are always entertaining.
  • X-Division Championship (Jake Something vs. Josh Alexander): 6/7. Two big beefy boys hurling themselves and each other about the room. Nice. I've been wondering though: what is the "X division"?
  • Intergender Tag (Deonna Purrazzo & Matthew Rehwoldt vs. Trey Miguel & Melina): 6/7. Purrazzo and Rehwoldt are very good and they work very well as a tag team.
  • Men's Tag Championship (Good Brothers vs. Violent By Design vs. Rich Swann & Willie Mack): 2/7. I don't like tag team triple threats. I don't like Rich Swann. I don't like Rhyno as a heel, and I don't like VBD as a faction; they just come across as all talk, even when they're winning. I'm sick of the Good Brothers and the current direction of the entire Elite faction.
  • World Championship (Brian Myers vs. Christian Cage): 4/7. I Find Brian Myers confusing. I can't tell if he's supposed to be (annoyingly) as good as he thinks he is, or if he's supposed to be a delusional narcissist. I feel like he's stuck somewhere in between.
Overall rating: 5/7. There were definitely some good matches and moments, but also some stuff that I didn't care for or could have skipped. And unfortunately, the last two matches (which ideally you'd like to be the best part of the show) were some I'd have been just as happy not to see. Especially that tag championship. I almost did skip that one. But I am very glad to see Matthew Rehwoldt doing well. I always liked him in WWE.

No comments:

Post a Comment