2022-01-02

WWE Day 1

Overall rating: ★★★○☆☆☆

I'm very tried today, so not in the best state of mind to watch this, but there was nothing I was actually looking forward to or even cared about the outcome of - except Big E's championship, but I didn't have high hopes for that even before Lesnar showed up.

  1. Smackdown Tag Championship (The Usos vs. New Day)
    ★★★●☆☆☆
    This was fine, I guess. I just didn't really care about it and had trouble paying attention.
  2. Singles (Madcap Moss vs. Drew McIntyre)
    ★★★○☆☆☆
    I don't know why this is happening. Are people enjoying the Happy Corbin and Madcap Moss characters? I liked it when Corbin lost all his money and was sad. But the happy version is... nothing. It's not even obnoxious enough to be really annoying (or amusing).
  3. Raw Tag Championship (Street Profits vs. RK-Bro)
    ★☆☆○☆☆☆
    Skipped.
  4. Singles (Edge vs. The Miz)
    ★★★●☆☆☆
    Go full vampire, Edge, you coward! 'Cause aside from that, this is a by-the-numbers "I guess we hate each other now for some reason" feud with nothing at stake.
  5. Raw Championship (Liv Morgan vs. Becky Lynch)
    ★★★●★☆☆
    I'm not a fan of what they've done with either of these characters. Lynch, in particular. "Big Time Becks" seems so unnecessary. There was a lot of mileage left on "The Man", imo, and I was looking forward to her return. But now she's, sort of, a bad guy for no reason? And Liv worked really well as a part of a group, but, well, they fired her teammates. And this "I deserve to win because I'm nice" thing doesn't work for me. You need more than that.
  6. WWE Championship (Seth Rollins vs. Kevin Owens vs. Bobby Lashley vs. Big E vs. Brock Lesnar)
    ★★☆○☆☆☆
    As soon as I saw Lesnar had been added to this match, I knew I was going to hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment